By Katharine Giovanni
How do concierge get their clients into the best restaurants? Magic!
Actually, we have a bunch of techniques that we use to get our clients a table. Below are a few.
1. Use an App such as…
e. @LastMinuteEatin - If you are in New York City, you can go to their Twitter Feed for same-night reservations. You might check other cities to see if there are similar services.
3. Eat at the bar. Ron and I have done that many times and have had excellent meals with no waiting for a table.
4. Be flexible with your dates and eat mid-week.
5. Eat at less popular times such as late afternoon or late evening.
6. Check their Facebook and Twitter pages that morning to see if they post anything about last-minute reservations.
7. Just show up and give it a shot. Many accept walk-ins, but you’ll have to wait. Make sure you are dressed properly so you look like you belong there.
8. Do something really old fashioned. Call them! If OpenTable says they have nothing, call the restaurant directly. They always keep a few tables for people who call them directly. People who book online are often no-shows and restaurants want to fill those seats. Call in the morning, and then again later in the day.
9. Want a weekend reservation? Call them on a Thursday and ask if they have any cancellations. Why Thursday? That’s when most will call and confirm weekend reservations. Ask when you should call again if they don’t have anything!
10. Call and ask to be placed on their waiting list
11. Check charity and auction sites as many people donate restaurant reservations.
Please click here to read the rest of the tips.
(Search engines only allow you to post an article to one blog.)